All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
You get lighter, fresher, and very tasty soft white cheese using this incredibly
easy-to-make farmer's cheese recipe.
Easy Savory Bacon Cheese Cookies
By Kate Miller
If I had a tiny waist and a huge calorie bank, I'd love to sink my teeth into bacon
cheddar cookies every single day.
Bacon and cheese may seem wacky and out of place in cookie recipes, but don't let
that fool you. When the cheese melts and binds with the smoky bacon, the aroma is
simply unforgettable. It makes you drool and stirs your appetite in anticipation!
Just one bite of these insanely delicious yet easy-to-make savory cookies, and you'll
You can make the dough a day ahead, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate. When you want
to serve the biscuits, simply slice and pop in the oven to bake.
Enjoy these cookies as snacks, appetizers, or serve them with a light salad or creamy
soup. They also make delightful breakfast on their own, especially on days when you
crave for bacon.
Bacon Cheddar Cookies Recipe
Makes about 30
4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped finely 2 cups all-purpose flour ½ teaspoon cayenne
pepper, optional 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 stick unsalted butter,
softened and cubed 1 large egg 1 egg yolk 2 tablespoons heavy cream
How to make bacon cheese cookies
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat, until very crisp. Transfer
and place on paper towel to dry out.
2. Place flour, cayenne pepper, butter, eggs, and cream in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
3. Pour in cheese and bacon, and mix on low speed until combined.
4. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and roll into a log about 1½
inch around. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least
5. Preheat your oven to 350˚F during the last 30 minutes of chilling.
6. Remove the chilled log, and slice into ¼ inch thick rounds. Place them slightly
apart on an ungreased baking tray. Press the biscuits down gently with a fork, if
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the cookies are just golden around the edges
and firm to the touch.
8. Cool on a wire rack. These bacon cheddar biscuits will keep well in an airtight
container for at least a week. Enjoy!