All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Pregnancy and Kids) is all about practical parenting advice and parenting
skills to help you deal with common parenting challenges from toddlerhood to teen
years. You’ll find tons of healthy food ideas and easy-to-make kids meals, fun activity
ideas and creative crafts projects that kids love to do and play!
10 Canned Baked Beans Ideas that Kids and Adults Love
By Kate Miller
I grew up eating lots of baked beans and really love them. My mother always made
baked beans for the whole family and they were the best baked beans ever. Low in
fat and rich in fiber, baked beans offer natural dietary goodness for growing kids
– from toddlers to teens. And, because they keep the body satisfied for a longer
period, that means your kids are less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks.
Baked beans on toast are one way of eating baked beans, but there are many creative
ideas to entice your kids to eat baked beans. Here are some of our family's favorite
ways of eating canned baked beans:
Ways to Eat Baked Beans
1. Serve scrambled egg with baked beans with a few slices of whole grain toasts.
2. Baked a sweet potato (opened up) and top with baked beans and cheddar cheese.
3. Serve baked beans in a tortilla wrap with guacamole.
4. Add a can of baked beans to spaghetti bolognese.
5. Add a little sizzle – some chiles, chilli powder, cumin or curry powder – to a
can of baked beans, and have them with a baked potato or rice.
6. Mash together cooked rice, baked beans, chopped onions and celery. Form the mixture
into veggie burgers and brown them in a nonstick pan. You can also broil the burgers.
7. Baked beans and mashed potato. Add a little butter, salt, broccoli and milk to
boiled potato and mash them. Scoop the mashed potato onto a plate and then pour baked
beans over the potato.
8. Get some crackers, top with a slice of cheddar cheese and a spoonful of baked
beans for a quick snack.
9. Toast a bagel, then top with baked beans and cheese. Broil under a grill and you'll
get a delicious healthy mini pizza in minutes!
10. Spoon baked beans into quesadillas, onion or bell pepper cups and bake them in
a covered gas grill over low, indirect heat.
Try some of these baked beans ideas today, I'm sure your whole family will ask for
them time and again!
If you're wondering what is good to eat with raisins, but eating them straight out
of the box doesn't appeal to you, then get inspired with these interesting recipes,
and start enjoying the health benefits of raisins in your everyday meals.
Are store-bought nibbles eating up a big chunk of your food budget? Find simple-to-make
cheap and healthy snack ideas that will keep your waistline trim and taste buds perfectly
happy! Great for picky kids and adults.