All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Bring back the old good days with this incredibly tasty potong ice cream. Easy to
Kaya Coconut Cupcakes
By Justina Lee
If you think kaya tastes good only on toasts, these delicious kaya coconut cupcakes
are sure to open up your taste buds and make you go mmmm...
With hints of honey and subtle coconut flavor, these heavenly sweet treats are stupendous.
They are moist and fluffy with swirls of kaya jam, and generously topped with tasty
This yummy cupcake recipe is easy to make; it takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare
and 20 minutes to bake. Perfect as afternoon snacks, great with a nice cup of coffee.
Simply delightful for both adults and children.
Kaya Coconut Cupcakes Recipe
140g butter, softened ¾ cup sugar 3 large eggs, at room temperature ½ teaspoon vanilla
essence 200g plain flour, sifted ⅛ teaspoon salt 1½ teaspoons baking powder
2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes
1 tablespoon honey
6 tablespoons kaya jam
How to make kaya cupcakes
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C.
2. Line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Stir honey into kaya jam until completely mixed. Set aside.
4. Place flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and puffy.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix.
7. Add vanilla essence.
8. Stir in the reserved flour mixture, until no flour remains.
9. Carefully spoon the mixture into the paper liners. Make sure it's only ¾ full.
10. Top each cupcake with a teaspoon of kaya. Swirl it, using a toothpick.
11. Sprinkle coconut flakes.
12. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden and risen. Remove kaya cupcakes
from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!