All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Excite your palate with this fiery hot and spicy beef stew. Fills and warms your
stomach! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Korean Spicy Beef Stew Yukgaejang Recipe
10 cups water
1 pound beef brisket, cut into thin slices
2½ tablespoons cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ tablespoons fresh ginger root, grated
1 medium daikon radish, peeled and cut into thick slices
1 stalk spring onion, cut into short lengths
2 cups bean sprouts, tailed
4 tablespoons Korean chili powder (gochugaru; more if you desire a super spicy yuk
soy sauce to taste
1½ tablespoons rice wine
How to make Korean spicy beef yuk gae jang stew:
1. Place water in a soup pot, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
2. Add beef slices, and reduce heat to low. Allow beef to simmer uncovered until
tender. It should take around 50-60 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and ginger. Stir fry
4. Toss in radish, spring onion and bean sprouts.
5. Add chili powder, soy sauce and rice wine. Mix well with the vegetables, and stir
fry until veggies are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Turn off heat. Dish up vegetables and add to simmering beef soup.
7. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover your soup pot and let spicy beef stew
simmer for another 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the beef slices will
not stick to the base of soup pot.
8. Remove from heat. Ladle Korean spicy yukgaejang beef stew into 4 individual bowls.
Serve hot with steamed rice. Wonderful dish for lunch or dinner!
Each Korean dish featured brings about a completely exciting culinary experience,
and all are surprisingly easy-to-cook. Substantial, flavorful and great-tasting Korean
meal ideas without blowing your budget! All-time favorite authentic Korean recipes
include meats, noodles & rice, soups & stews, vegetables, desserts and more.