All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Great as a quick and easy salad or side dish. Refreshingly cool with a light salty
and sweet taste.
Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad Oi Muchim Recipe
4 Japanese cucumber
1½ teaspoons salt
1 stalk spring onion, cut into very short lengths
2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1½ tablespoons white sesame seeds
1 tablespoon Korean chili powder (gochugaru; add more if you like a spicier cucumber
How to make Korean spicy cucumber salad oi muchim:
1. Wash the cucumbers, and sliced into discs. You may want to use a food processor
to help you speed up the preparation time, if you’re making a huge batch.
2. Place cucumber and salt in a large bowl. Mix both ingredients together, and leave
it aside for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Rinse under running water, and drain. Using your hands, squeeze out as much water
as you can.
4. Place spring onion and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle sesame oil and toss in sesame
5. Add cucumber; mix well to combine with ingredients in the bowl.
6. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at
least 25-30 minutes before serving.
You can also serve spicy Korean cucumber salad as a side dish.
Each Korean dish featured brings about a completely exciting culinary experience,
and all are surprisingly easy-to-cook. Substantial, flavorful and great-tasting Korean
meal ideas without blowing your budget! All-time favorite authentic Korean recipes
include meats, noodles & rice, soups & stews, vegetables, desserts and more.