All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Tantalizing appetizers that are economical and resemble sushi without the carbs!
Leftover Bread Recipes – Fried Savory Bread Rolls
By Rebecca Garcia
We had some leftover bread last Sunday, and it's really wasteful to throw old bread
away. The kids wanted savory snacks so I thought what better way to use upleftover
stale bread than making fried bread rolls.
This is a very delicious yet super easy recipe which calls for only a few ingredients.
Stuffed with seasoned ground beef and smoky bacon, and fried to golden perfection,
these crispy bread rolls never disappoint. My kids gave this delicious "old bread"
double thumbs up!
Savory bread rolls also make great party appetizers, and you can also serve them
as in between meal snacks.
I use salt and pepper to season because it's simple and that's how my kids like it.
Feel free to use whatever seasoning that tickles your palate.
Crispy Fried Savory Bread Roll Recipe
6-8 slices leftover bread
2 egg yolks, separate and beat
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
200g ground beef
50g bacon, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
How to make fried bread rolls
1. Cut off crust. Lightly flatten each slice with a rolling pin. You can sprinkle
a few drops of water to dampen the bread slightly.
2. Place 1 egg yolk, garlic, onion, ground beef and bacon in a large bowl. Mix well
3. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the fillings onto one end of the bread slice and roll.
4. Seal the edges of bread with the remaining egg yolk.
5. Deep fry bread rolls in hot oil until golden brown
6. Place fried bread rolls on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
7. Serve fried bread rolls hot on their own, or with your favorite dips. Enjoy!