All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Excite your palate with the creamiest, smoothest and tastiest homemade vanilla ice
cream ever! Easy-to-make recipe!
Spiced Fruit Salad Recipe
By Rebecca Garcia
A few things come to mind when I make spicy fruit salad for hot summer days. A great-tasting
spiced fruit salad should have the perfect balance of flavor, texture as well as
color. And, most importantly, it should really soothe the body and mind under sultry
Simple yet sophisticated, this attractive fruit salad is sure to delight every palate
with its refreshing sweet and zesty taste, and vibrant colors.
This easy-to-make and healthy fruit salad recipe is made entirely without processed
sugars, hence it's ideal for diabetics and the health conscious. Its juicy and light
flavor makes it wonderful for breakfast, lunch or between meal snacks.
Easy Spicy Fruit Salad Recipe
1 can Del Monte suagr-free peaches 2 cinnamon sticks ¾ teaspoon ground allspice 2 large
oranges 2 large pink grapefruits 1 cup pineapple chunks 1 cup strawberries, hulled and
halved 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces 2 tablespoons crystallized
How to make spiced fruit salad
1. Drain syrup from peaches into a small saucepan.
2. Add cinnamon sticks, and allspice. Heat over medium heat, until boiling.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover the saucepan and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Allow
syrup mixture to cool.
4. Grate peel from 1 orange, and set aside.
5. Remove peel from oranges and grapefruits, and cut into sections.
6. Place citrus fruits and pineapple chunks in a large serving bowl. Pour syrup
mixture over fruits.
7. Add grated orange peel, and toss well.
8. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until you want
to serve them.
9. Just before serving, add strawberries and kiwifruits. Sprinkle crytsllized ginger
evenly over spiced fruit salad. Enjoy!