All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Spicy and slightly sweet, this easy salad recipe combines two summer favorites, corn
and edamame beans, and is delightful when you crave for refreshing low fat salads
on hot days.
Spicy Pineapple Skewers
By Rebecca Garcia
Punctuated with crunchy chopped walnuts and speckled with orange zest, these beautifully
glazed spicy pineapple skewers will have you swooning over every bite.
The best thing about this easy fruit skewer recipe is its simplicity and versatility.
I use only pineapples but feel free to use any other tropical fruits such as mango
or starfruit slices for added taste, texture and color. You can also substitute
sugar with Splenda and use olive oil in place of butter if you want a healthy low
fat, sugar-free version.
Pineapple skewers are fun to serve at any grill party. They make a great appetizer,
fruit salad, or even dessert.
Spicy Pineapple Skewers Recipe
1 medium pineapple
50 grams plain flour
25 grams chopped green walnuts
60 grams butter or margarine
5 tablespoons sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon cayenne or cumin
juice and zest of 1 orange
½ vanilla pod
How to make pineapple skewers
1. Preheat your oven to 210°C .
2. Place flour, chopped walnuts, 40g butter, 4 tablespoons sugar, salt and cayenne
in a bowl. Mix all ingredients together to make a rough mixture.
3. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Set aside for later
use in the recipe.
4. Meanwhile prepare the pineapple. Remove top and bottom. Cut the fruit in half,
and then slice away the skin.
5. Cut pineapple into quarters and discard the core.
6. Finally, cut into bite sized pieces, about 3 cm squares. Thread pineapple onto
7. Heat the rest of the butter in a non-stick skillet. Scrape out the middle of vanilla
pod with a sharp knife, and then place in the skillet.
8. Cook pineapple skewers for about 10 minutes on a moderate heat. Make sure to turn
regularly so that it caramelizes lightly.
9. Grate the orange zest and squeeze the orange for juice.
10. Remove pineapple skewers and place on a serving platter.
11. Glaze skillet with orange juice. Add orange zest, and remaining sugar. Reduce
until it thickens.
12. Drizzle syrup onto pineapple, and then roll pineapple skewers in crumbs. Serve