All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
A yummy treat for those are watching their cholesterol!
Steamed Butter Cake
By Kate Miller
The steam banana cake recipe received overwhelming response from many readers, and
requests for steamed butter cake recipe keep pouring in. So here's one more to your
"best no-bake cake ever" recipe box.
This steam cake's perfect combination of rich butter flavor and subtle milk taste
is really inviting. It opens up your taste buds and pleases your palate. An easy-to-make,
truly delicious and super moist butter cake that tastes even better when served with
fresh whipped cream.
Steamed Butter Cake Recipe
200g plus 300g caster sugar
330g plain flour, sifted
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
250g evaporated milk
How to make steamed butter cake
1. Grease and line a 15cm cake tin with parchment paper.
2. Heat 200g sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously until
the sugar melts and caramelizes to a nice golden brown color.
3. Remove the saucepan. Pour in water, be very careful as it'll splutter.
4. Return the saucepan to stove. Boil the caramel again, until the sugar has completely
melted. Leave it to cool.
5. Beat the butter and sugar till white and creamy.
6. Beat eggs, one at a time.
7. Fold in flour and bicarbonate of soda.
8. Add in the caramel and evaporate milk. Mix well.
9. Pour the butter cake mixture into a prepared tin, and steam for 2-3 hours or until