All things that are written on this website are about our experiences and what have
worked for us, or general information only. We are not telling you to do any of those
things mentioned and we do not endorse any products found on these pages. We simply
want to share with you what has helped us. Hope that you enjoy reading our posts
and please come back regularly to read more!
Niche Topics (Food and Drinks) offers a large collection of delicious food and drink
recipes to help you decide what to cook, whether it’s a family dinner, lunchbox for
the kids, or entertaining friends at home. Each recipe promises a completely different
taste experience, and all are really easy-to-make.
Oatmeal ideas plus recipes that are quick and easy to make, not only for breakfast.
Brightens up your day!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
By Kate Miller
Oatmeal is good for you, and should be incorporated as part of a healthy diet. If
oatmeal porridge sounds boring and doesn't quite appeal, why not give this simple
recipe a go? Homemade strawberry oat bars are not only quick to make, they also cost
Make a batch over the weekends, and you'll enjoy delicious grab-and-go breakfast
bars on weekday mornings, or as quick afternoon snacks.
What's really amazing about this recipe is its versatility. Feel free to add in shredded
coconut, or chopped nuts such as almonds and cashews.
You can substitute strawberry jam with any flavor of jam that you fancy. Raspberry,
blackberry or apricot jam taste phenomenal!
The strawberry jam I used is homemade, so that makes my oatmeal bars healthier. Less
sweet and just nice with a cup of rooiboos tea.
Strawberry Jam Bars Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats (quick cooking)
½ cup butter, softened
⅓ cup light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup strawberry jam
How to make strawberry oatmeal bars
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a square (8"x8") pan with butter or
nonstick spray. Or, line it with aluminum foil.
2. Place flour, oats, butter. sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bow.
Mix all ingredients well until crumbly.
3. Measure out 2 cups of the mixture, and press it into the bottom of your pan.
4. Use your hands or a spoon to help you cover the entire bottom.
5. Next, spread strawberry jam evenly on top of the crust.
6. Take the remaining mixture and spread it over the strawberry jam, pressing it
7. Pop the pan into the preheated oven. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden
8. Remove the pan from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Cut into bars, and store in
an air-tight container.
Now, your homemade strawberry oat bars are ready to be enjoyed!